So Braxton got his first "ouchie", "boo boo", "make him tough", etc while his dad was trimming his finger nails. I said in the hospital I wasn't comfortable cutting his nails for the fear of cutting him or hurting him so this has been Jeff's job from day 1. It's never bothered Jeff to do this and it wasn't the first time he did it, but tonight he got his finger instead of the nail. I was holding Braxton and he was falling asleep but wasn't quite asleep and jerked while Jeff was cutting, when all of a sudden he started to cry. I looked at Jeff and said "What did you do to him, cut him?" He just kinda laughed and said "No, I don't think so." Until we looked and saw blood, then realized he was cut. It was coming out pretty good so Jeff took a big band-aid and cut it so it would fit around Braxton's finger instead of his whole hand. It really didn't seem to bother Braxton because he cried about 3 seconds then was over it and was sleeping again. I of course had the worried look on my face that said "you just hurt my baby..." and Jeff had the comment that said "yeah, that just made him tough... " Anyways- he survived his first ouchie and I did too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment