Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Welcome Braxton Jeffrey Dupps!!!

November 22, 2010 was just another day at school, evening at home, and a night of just the 2 of us hanging out until about 10:45 when our lives were changed forever!  Let's back up to Friday I didn't feel that good all day, I had stomach cramps/pains all day, but managed to get through the day and after school I just went home and crawled in bed. I didn't think too much of it because I had been having good days and bad days with feeling too, stomach pains, cramping, etc so I figured it was just another day. I called mom about 5:30 and she came over- all I could do was cry and say it hurt... it did!  She of course couldn't do a whole lot, but I just felt better knowing she was here. I figured there was no point in calling Jeff and get him all excited when it was probably nothing. It was chilly and cold out, but mom got me up and outside to walk around the cul-de-sac to maybe help. Jeff came home and I was feeling a little better, but def. not up to going out and doing anything exciting and he stayed home from deer camp because I didn't feel good- thank goodness!  We did a couple more laps around outside, but nothing happened the rest of the night. Saturday was a good day- mom and I went over to Ferdinand for the Christkindmart in hopes that walking around there would help too! Can you tell we were all growing impatient.  Sunday was a lazy day- Jeff went hunting and I hung out at home on the couch. 
So... Monday evening we had a nice super- roast and potatoes, headed down to mom and dad's and Alex's to visit- which I got stung by a wasp... and then went to visit Jeff's mom for a bit. It was about 10:45 and we were in the kitchen talking when I sneezed and thought I wet my pants- I didn't say anything to anyone b/c I wasn't sure what had just happened. I just went to the restroom and told Jeff it was time to go b/c it was late and we had school the next day- Jeff of course didn't know what was going on and was in no hurry to get out of there. I finally went and sat in the truck- we needed to get home!  We made it home about 11 and I told Jeff " ummm..I think my water broke at your mom's"  we looked some stuff up online, laid down to rest, and finally decided to call the hospital in which they told us to come on in... and the journey began! We kinda took our time getting ready/showering/packing. We were both nervous, excited, anxious, shaking, etc.  I called mom and told her we were on our way to the hospital- it was time! 
We were checked in and in the DLR 1 by 12:20- I was hooked up to the heartbeat machine and contraction machine shortly after.   I got some pain med around 4 which lasted maybe 2 hours, then I asked for my epidural- yes, I am a wimp!  I was only about 1 cm dilated... I knew it would be a long morning/afternoon!  Mom and Doni came up about 8 and the 4 of us hung out in the Labor/Delivery room- I napped off and on b/c I didn't feel any pain and I was nice and relaxed. Finally, about 11 the nurse came back in and checked me- I was finally 10 cm and ready to go!  woooo hooo!!!!
Braxton Jeffrey joined us at 1:08 happy (well, almost) and healthy. He has 10 fingers, 10 toes, and is absolutly perfect!  My labor wasn't too bad and Jeff did great helping me through it! Our nurse was fabulous and Dr. Hopf was wonderful too! They all made us feel very comfortable and relaxed.  Our evening at the hospital was crazy with people coming and going. Our visitors were- Mom, Dad, Doni,Paul, Larry, Shelly, Kendra, Anna, Laura, Alex, Jami, Zach, Drew, Jill, Luke, Abby, Jason, Homer, Kyla, Roc, and Jack! I was exhausted and tired by the time everyone left about 8:30. Braxton did great all evening- he did great nursing too!  Jeff and I sent him to the nursery for the night so we could rest- poor Jeff was exhausted too!  They brought Braxton in twice during the night so he could eat- he's so stinkin sweet!   Wednesday was a good day and a crazy afternoon with more people coming to visit- all our friends came and more family.  We had another good night- Braxton spent it in the nursery again except to eat so we could rest.  Thursday was Thanksgiving- never thought I would spend Thanksgiving in the hospital!  We were discharged about 2ish, it was cold, cold, cold and rainy!  We came home for a bit so Jeff could shower and it was back out the door for Doni's Thanksgiving, we didn't stay long- I was ready to come home and spend time with Braxton and Jeff!
39 weeks- ready to go!!!! 12: am 11/23/10

hooked up and just waiting  12:30 am

Anxiously waiting...

Welcome Braxton!!  1:08pm

All cleaned up
                             
 Braxton Jeffrey
Our new little family

Ashley and Braxton ready to go home





Happy Thanksgiving- we are extra thankful this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment