Tuesday, August 3, 2010

23 Weeks...

Well, it's been a while again since I have posted, things have been crazy.   Where to begin? Let's start with Friday, July 16th.  I was hanging out with Roc and Jack and we decided to take a bike ride on the river walk and stop by the Mill for some candy- well, our trip was cut short because I had a small bike wreck. Yes, ME, not one of the boys as expected. It all happend so fast, I'm still not exactly sure what  went wrong- I am going to say I pulled on my brakes too hard and over we (my bike and I) went. I managed to hit my right shoulder, left inner thigh, and my middle finger on my left hand, but I got up and kept riding.  It was rough, I'm not going to lie, but what was I suppose to do? We were in the middle of the river walk and it was just some scrapes and cuts so we finished our ride and went to Noble Romans for lunch where we met up with Jeff and I had to tell him because my whole right shoulder was red and scratched up.  Needless to say we were in Dr. Hopf's office soon after where he told us everything was just fine. I felt the baby move several times after the accident and we were able to hear the heartbeat again so we were relieved. :)
         
 My right shoulder scratched up and bruised          

Moving on.... Lazy Sundays- July 18, 2010
Sunday mornings are usually our lazy mornings where we like to lay in bed all morning and watch TV, it's so nice and relaxing. As I was laying there "Baby D" was going crazy moving around, flipping, and the movements felt pretty strong so I was telling Jeff about it and wouldn't you know- his hand is instantly on my stomach... I of course could feel the movements and all of a sudden there was a kick or something  and Jeff looks at me with wide eyes and says " Did "she" just move?"  I was so excited for him that he was able to finally feel the baby move- he loves it! Needless to say in the evenings or whenever we are just hanging out every so often I hear " Is she moving? Do you feel anything? Anything happening?" I love being able to share those small moments with him. :)

Overall it's been another great 3 weeks with no major complaints other than I feel like I am wearing a path from my bed to the bathroom during the night. But really, I'm doing great...  I am up and moving, taking walks, shopping, mowing the grass (when it's not miserably hot out) , working in my classroom, loving afternoon naps, enjoying junk food now and then, and craving fruit and lemonheads.  Our M & M jar has been switched to our Skittles jar. Life is good..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment