Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Classroom Excitement

Not only am I dealing with the excitement of the last day of school quickly approaching, I am also dealing with the excitement of our new "classroom pet" outside our window at school. About a month ago a bird decided to make the outside corner ledge of our classroom it's new home with a nice new nest. A few days later one of the students discovered three blue eggs inside that nest, and it's been a learning experience since.  I must admit, I am not a bird fan, but it has been pretty neat having this bird right outside our classroom. The students kept an eye on the eggs and let me know when they hatched- yes, we have three baby birds there now! These birds have grown so quickly, it's amazing. I can't keep my students away from the window or their attention during class, they love watching the bird come and go with a mouthful of worms for her babies. I'm thinking a few more days and these birds will be gone...


 
She does not like to have her picture taken.
                                       She kept her eye on me...

    Dinner time!!!  It's amazing to see them jump up as soon as she shows up with a worm!

No comments:

Post a Comment