Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2 Month Shots 1-20-11

Oh the dreaded shots... when Braxton was born Jeff and I decided to not let him get the hepatitis B shot at the hospital just because I am weird when it comes to shots so up to this point Braxton had had only 1 shot- vitamin K I believe. We went in for his 2 month appointment and after talking with Dr. Ruff about pros and cons of shots, he of course talked us into getting them- yes, poor Braxton went in for a height/weight checkup and walked out with 3 band aids. Braxton got 3 shots and a drop all within a matter of minutes- don't worry, I think it hurt me more than him. I wanted nothing to do with this so I volunteered to take the pictures and Jeff did the honors of holding him down. The first one was okay, Braxton was of course mad, but not too bad, the 2nd one sent him over the edge (she said it probably burned), and the 3rd one didn't faze him because he was already so mad. The crying lasted about 20 seconds and he was over it, we put him in his car seat and he was sleeping within seconds too! Whew... hope we don't have to go through that again anytime soon!



                             
                                               Before the shots...

                                           Oral drops... he loved them!

                                          1st shot...

                                         2nd shot- not so happy!!

                                         3rd and final one- still mad

                                        Comforting words from Dad

 
                                           Poor little Braxton

 
Nap after the shots

No comments:

Post a Comment